In your free time or on the day off for all participants (Saturday August 10 – this is the changing day when participants from the first week are leaving and the participants for the second week are arriving), you can choose from many activities.
At breakfast on the free day, you will receive a lunch box and you can spend the day as you wish. A shuttle bus will also be available in the morning to take you to the train station in Den Bosch and to pick you up in the afternoon to bring you back to the hotel.
Here are some tips and suggestions:
• The surroundings of the Conference Hotel are ideal for bicycle or walking trips, with many paths leading through the surrounding forest
• Heusden is a nearby city of historical interest – it was involved in strategic operations during World War II and is also home to a castle
• Tennis can be played in Helvoirt, Loon op Zand or Hotel Vught.
• You can go swimming in the lake the Ijzerenman or make a trip to the beach and beautiful dune areas by the seaside
• Canal boat tour or visiting museums in Den Bosch
• You can enjoy shopping and summer sales in the nice cities or villages like Den Bosch, Ooisterwijk or Tilburg.
• Horse riding in Vught and attraction park Efteling are ideal activities for families with children
• There is also enough time for the trip to the capital and most cosmopolitan city of Europe - Amsterdam. For tips and advice, you can contact the Tourist Office opposite Centraal Station in Amsterdam
• The Kushi Institute’s Deshima Freshop and Lunch Service & Take Away are open as well.
The address is:
Weteringschans 65, 1017 RX Amsterdam,
tel.: +31-20-423 03 91.
Opening time on Saturday: 10.00-17.00h.
From the Central Station reachable by tram no. 1, 2 or 5, stop Leidseplein.